Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting, 6th Edition
Airport Firefighters, Airport Driver Operators, and Airport Crew Chiefs will use this text to meet the most current NFPA, FARs, and ICAO requirements.
The book includes:
• 31 Skill Sheets NEW in this edition
• Photos, Illustrations and Learning Activities – ALL NEW
• Review Questions for all 12 chapters
• Exam Prep for students is a separate item
This book provides the information firefighters need to effectively perform the tasks for aircraft rescue and fire fighting and to complete airport firefighter certification. Content includes:
• Familiarization with civilian and military aircraft
• Airport familiarization
• Operating structural and specialized aircraft fire fighting apparatus and equipment
• Safety and aircraft Hazards
• Airport fire and rescue communications
• Rescue tools and equipment including gaining access to aircraft interiors
• Aircraft fuels, aircraft components and extinguishing agents
• Aircraft fire suppression and strategy and tactics including engines, auxiliary power units, wheel assemblies, and rocket engines
• ARFF vehicle driver operator
• Airport emergency planning
• The theory and practice of aircraft fire fighting and rescue operations
The information in this manual is intended to meet the requirements of NFPA 1003: Standard for Airport Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications (2015)
NFPA 1002: Standard on Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator Professional Qualifications (2014) Chapter 9 requirements are also included.
NFPA 402: Guide for Aircraft Rescue and Fire-Fighting Operations (2013) and NFPA 403: Standard for Aircraft Rescue and Fire-Fighting Services at Airports (2014) are referenced throughout the book.
Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) 139.315, 139.317, and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Airport Services Manual, Parts 1 and 7 training requirements are also included.
Complete IFSTA Curriculum is a separate item and provided by IFSTA at no cost to qualified instructors.